Welcome to Guilford College from Information Technology Services!
We provide services to students at Guilford College, including help with accounts, Microsoft Office installation, antivirus protection and malware removal, Sharp printer setup and much more!
This site provides information regarding technology resources you need to get started! For more comprehensive information see the Student Technology site.
Getting Started: Accounts You’ll Need – 1, 2, 3!
As early as March of each year new students who have committed to Guilford can obtain Guilford accounts. Look for a “Guilford Login Information” email with instructions on acccessing your:
- Google Workspace Email Account (login at http://mail.guilford.edu)
- Banner Web Account (used for class registration, financial aid and more! Also for TouchNet)
(login at https://ssb8-prod.guilford.edu/pls/GCPROD/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage)
- Network Account (used for Housing, Canvas, Guilford computer logins, GC Secure Wi-Fi and more!)
(must reset password before accessing services — Enroll in Password Reset at https://reset.guilford.edu/)
You can always find links for the above resources under Utilities on the Current Student Site.
At move-in, residential students will also receive a password for GC-Resnet to connect to the residential wired and wireless network. When you move in, look for an email with the subject “Here’s your personal psk for GC-Resnet”.
Getting Started: Accessing Your Accounts
Next Steps: Before You Arrive on Campus!
All set with your accounts? Also be sure to consider the following:
- While Guilford computers are available for your use, we recommend you bring a laptop. See recommendations and discount purchase information here.
- Do you have your Quaker ID Card? If not, get ahead of the rush by submitting an ID photo in advance.
Next Steps: Before Your First Class!
Before your first class, be sure to read about the items below. Contact the ITS Help Desk in Bauman 101 (email@example.com or 336-316-2020) if you need assistance.
- Connect to Wi-Fi (GC Secure) (instructions coming soon)
- Printing through PaperCut (optional) (instructions coming soon)
- Installing Microsoft Office (optional) using the instructions here. (Guilford Google Email login required)
Don’t forget to visit the Student Technology site for more information!